Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amodtiwari
Helper II
Helper II

Offline capabilities with sharepoint list as data source

Hello Everyone,

I am working on offline power app logic to implement with my power app built with online features. 

My online app is having PDF generating feature using flow with word template once item submitted by end user. 

Is there any option to print similar PDF in offline mode please. Can i place some button to my display screen to print PDF or any other option can be implemented. Not sure if flow will fire offline. 

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Amod

7 REPLIES 7
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

There is no way to trigger a flow from an offline Power app.  Nor is there any support for printing from a Power app at this point.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
amodtiwari
Helper II
Helper II

Hi,

Thanks for quick support. Is there any MS instruction /guideline about offline feature supported points which can i show to my client to clarify that this is not offered from MS. It will be great support if any MS link can be shared to describe them.

Please suggest. 

Thanks

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

The only real documentation is the article on how to build offline canvas apps.

Develop offline-capable canvas apps - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

But the point is that Power Automate is a cloud only system.  Unlike Power Apps there is no offline component.  All the triggers to start the apps require being online.  That's why it won't work.

amodtiwari
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks to clarify, I agree. I was actually looking to create some html from collection in offline app and a way to print that when submitted item will be cached locally. Cause in my requirement a Nurse will go door to door for patient and provide them a printed receipt after all details submitted.

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

You can definitely create the HTML document and store it offline in a collection.  Then when the app comes back online you can send the collection to a Flow to create the documents in OneDrive or SharePoint.  But you'll need to wait till the app is online before the documents can be processed.

amodtiwari
Helper II
Helper II

Is this link making sense please, just trying to get some option, will it work offline please-

https://www.bythedevs.com/post/print-data-from-a-canvas-app-without-using-msflow

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

The component idea will let you format a page on screen with information that you want to print.  But the component just formats a screen to be printed.  It doesn't actually print anything. The only print functionality would be whatever is available in the device, not Power Apps.  Since Offline only works in mobile devices and mobile devices require a network connection to print, Printing and being Offline are mutually exclusive,

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,818)