cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Offset data in 2 columns

Am I correct in assuming that it is impossible, using a form, to have two columns where the rows don't perfectly line up?  That is, if I have a field on the left that's 68 pixels high, and a field on the right that's 92 pixels high, I can't make the next field of the left column be only 8 pixels below the first, because the left datacard must be 92 pixels high as well?

If there's a way to keep it from enforcing row heights like that... how?

7 REPLIES 7
Helper III
Helper III

There are only two ways I know to get round this:

1) Draw a bunch of text boxes and controls and feed them to a form with visible set to false (make it look sexy but a pain in the arse)

2) Paste in some blank data cards without a field but you end up with a lot of space

Super User
Super User

I typically just drag them around to where I want and set the heights and widths how I want. I like my stuff being the same heights going across. Just depends on your preference.

I do the blank cards that was suggested above a lot too. The user can't tell that is what you did so it looks good.

Community Support
Community Support

@TulsaNewbie 

Actually, we don't any perfect approach to align data cards in form. The height of all data cards have to be the same is by design.

The most direct way is to create data cards manually, then you can align as you like.

Sik

Do all of my cards have to be blanks, then? I'm trying it with 2 automatic cards on the left and blank cards on the right, and it's forcing my sizes on the left to match those on the right

All your rows basically have to be same height. So if you have two cards on the left and want it blank on the right then you need two cards on the right that are blank. If you are having trouble getting stuff where you need it you might have to turn off the "snap to columns" part of the form. 

So, for example:

powerapps.png

That can't be done within a form, correct? I can do it outside of a form (and have to deal with connecting it to my data manually, etc), but not inside a form.

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,260)