cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RussellGove
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

On Android user gets error uploading photos via a flow.

Hi,

I am using a flow to upload a photo taken from a powerapp to sharepoint (aas demod by paul culse).

This has stopped working on android devices, but still works on iphone. On Android, users get a message 'Contract failure: Contruction of a PABinary should always result in a valid instance'.

4 REPLIES 4
timl
Super User
Super User

Hi @RussellGove

I think this is identical to the bug that @ChrisTCF reported here, which unfortunately still appears to be unresolved.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/AfterApril-7-Contract-failure-Construction-of...

ChrisTCF
Frequent Visitor

As a matter of fact, it's also happening on IOS/Iphones. I raised a ticket with Microsoft and they are aware of the issue, it's a size limitation they introduced by April 7 and following versions of PowerApp (feature or bug - no one seems to know that really Smiley Sad ), it worked fine before, but now if the picture is a bit larger (I think more than 4mb) it will fail with this error.

Only workaround is to reduce camera resolution when taking picture, using a white background if you take pictures of expense receipts or similar, but tell that to a normal user, they can't handle it and who is going to change the camera to low-res....works maybe for 40% of the users....

I insistend to escalate further as I'm not happy with the workaround (which is not really a usable one in business). I haven't heard back. To be honest, it doesn't help me or my customers at all, they can't use the app so it's worthless and I'm the partner to be blamed and losing trust from my customer.

You could try a direct upload method, but it will only allow 640x480 pics, not really sexy but it could work (didn't test, but we had this before we used json connector), so my conclusion is they won't fix anything, so you have to wait maybe until June when they probably introduce a direct methode of taking pictures and storing it in SPO (lists as well as folders I hope)......

Hi @RussellGove, @ChrisTCF,

I replied to ChrisTCF's original forum post. This was definitely not a feature we introduced. It was a change in behavior and I apologize for that. We hope to ship a fix for this issue in the release after next (around a couple of weeks).

Here is my reply to the original forum post (https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/AfterApril-7-Contract-failure-Construction-of...😞

Apologies for the break in functionality and the lack of response. We have identified the root cause of the issue and have already fixed it in our internal builds. We hope to ship the fix in the release after next (around 2 weeks).

While not a definitive workaround, the error can be avoided by taking pictures that result in a smaller file size. For example, when I used an old iPad (I think v1 or v2), I could not reproduce the issue due to the lesser megapixel camera. On my iPhone 7 Plus, I would not hit the issue when I took a "simple" photo (e.g. a photo of a blank, white wall). However when taking more "complex" photos (e.g. scenery) on my iPhone 7 Plus, I would run into the same issue.

Thank you,

Allen

@AllenKim Thanks, thats finally good news.Somewhat I'm pretty disappointed with the support process. I talked to India about 5 times and had to really insist to escalate this issue and I haven't got an answer even close to your statement....but you made my day, I can finally talk to the customer and give him a thumbs up...

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,540)