Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

On Prem Gateway High Memory Usage

Updated OnPrem gateway the other day,

just thought to myself my system was running a little slow so on looking at my server..

Capture.PNG

what the hell..

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Re: On Prem Gateway High Memory Usage [BUG]

Seems to be an issue with the latest gateway software.

Have downgraded using an old setup file (PowerBIGatewayInstaller file version 14.163.6359.1 from Nov 2017) and im back down to 200mb mem usage even when running SQL rules from an app.

I also tested the latest version (GatewayInstall file version 3000.10.48.0 from Nov 2019) on another server and without any usage it spiked to 5gb usage instantly on run.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Delid4ve ,

Do you mean that the latest version of gateway takes up too much memory when running?

Thanks for your feedback.

I suggest you express your views about improving the performance of gateway on PowerApps Ideas Forum. Your precious feedback will be very helpful for our work.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Delid4ve 

Thanks for sharing this. For the gateway service to take up 10GB of RAM (5GB when idle) definitely can't be right. It must be a bug.

Perhaps @Anonymous or @chass could forward this to the project team?

Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Just an update..

When i did the update the other day to the gateway service I did a fresh install so the service user reverted to PBIEgwService.

I have changed to my domain administrator and it seems to be fine now.

hovering between 200mb and 700mb depending on demand.

Id still like an explanation though why this may be the case as i don't really want to leave with full admin rights.

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @Delid4ve

You can file a support ticket if you'd like to analyze the logs. Or you can check out the new monitoring capabilities of data gateways:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/data-integration/gateway/service-gateway-performance#gateway-perfor...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,629)