cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

On-Prem Gateway Issue - PowerBINotAuthorizedException

Hi All

I have an issue sharing a PowerApp with users within our Environment and hopefully someone else has come across this and has found a resolution.

List resides in SP2013, I have a Gateway installed and the site which houses this list is a Datasource.

I have checked:

Gateway/DataSource permissions - person shared with has "Can use" permissions.

Can edit on sp2013 list.

These are the scenarios I have run:

I have proceeded with the following scenarios:
User A:
Given rights to Gateway “Can Use”
Added rights (Edit) to Target SharePoint list.
Waited 15miuntes (for possible timer jobs etc)
App shared with the user.
User A got link, opened it and was prompted to log in … used email address and Password.
Error: PowerBINotAuthorizedException

User b:
Given rights to Gateway “Can Use”
Added rights (Edit) to Target SharePoint list.
Waited 15miuntes (for possible timer jobs etc)
Got user to connect to data source (on prem SharePoint list) by creating an application (not saving and closing)
App shared with the user.
User opened app, got notification of rights required (this is the screen where others would have to log in), clicked allow and worked perfectly

Creator of App has Can Use / share rights for the gateway/datasource

Thoughts please?

Cheers

Rob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Robg ,

Could you please share a bit more about the error message within your app?

Based on the error message that you mentioned, it seems to tell that the User A do not have enough permission to access your On-premises Data Gateway.

Please check if you have shared proper permission of your On-premises Data Gateway to your User A. In addition, please also check if the User A has owned PowerApps Plan 1 license at least for his account.

Currently, within PowerApps/Power Automate, if you want to create a connection to On-premises Connector, you must own PowerApps Plan 1 license at least.

Note: Currently, On-premises Data Gateway is not avaiable for Office 365 license.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Robg ,

Could you please share a bit more about the error message within your app?

Based on the error message that you mentioned, it seems to tell that the User A do not have enough permission to access your On-premises Data Gateway.

Please check if you have shared proper permission of your On-premises Data Gateway to your User A. In addition, please also check if the User A has owned PowerApps Plan 1 license at least for his account.

Currently, within PowerApps/Power Automate, if you want to create a connection to On-premises Connector, you must own PowerApps Plan 1 license at least.

Note: Currently, On-premises Data Gateway is not avaiable for Office 365 license.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi Kris

the app is basically as explained. Gateway is shared directly to the user with “Can Use” permissions.

The error message only contains “PowerBINotAuthorizedException” and the session ID.

If it is licensing how come I can get another user to set up an app to the same SharePoint on prem list (using the same gateway) and then they can open the application (and only get prompted for permissions not login)? 

Just so you know the user that could open it has a E3 license and I have an E5 ..... (I really hope that this is not licensing)

Sorry this is confusing me 

Thanks

Rob

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@Robg Did you get this issue resolved?

I am having a similar issue.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @brett1 

Yes it was sorted, for me the issue was that to consume an on-prem gateway that all users required a PowerApps Plan 2 license because this is a premium connector (was free initially).

Good luck

Rob

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,526)