cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

On Prem SQL: create yes - update no

I have connected to an SQL-Server via Gateway. I can connect to it and see all data just fine.

It is also possible to create a new record with form in "new-mode" But when i try to change even only a small attribute, either with patch or editform, powerapps throws an error.

"We couldn't convert to Number. inner exception: We couldn't convert to Number." 

all fields are nvarchar and it is simple plain text, no number.

As PowerApps doenst recognize changes on the sql for hours, playing around with attribute-types is tiresome i would be really grateful for help

4 REPLIES 4
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @axel_BI 

This is an unusual problem. If you try to create a new app using the 'start with data' option, does the built-in edit form in this auto generated app work as expected?

Frequent Visitor

Hi @timl 

thank you for your reply.

Sadly it shows the same behaviour.

I can create, but when i try to edit, it shos the error message

Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Does the SQL table have a numeric Identity column?  That is a requirement for Power Apps to update a SQL table.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

yes it has. defined as "int" and autoincrement

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,496)