cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darren28gould
Frequent Visitor

On Start Navigate to either 1 of 3 screens dependant on 3 values not working

Greetings,

I have 3 screens I am trying to auto navigate to on start dependent on the PARAM value getting returned. I understand how to achieve this on 1 condition, but not on two.

Screen1: Landing (Should always be the primary screen unless the email link contains a link with one of the below PARAMETERS)

Screen2:Rework Dashboard (PARAM "ID")

Screen3:ProvideUpdate (PARAM "IDP")

I have a Flow that determines where in the process they are and generates different links parsing different PARAM values through email to users. They need to be automatically routed to the correct screen to avoid modifications in the process flow. 

My Original ONStart formula for a single PARAM condition looked and worked like this.

Set(VarReworkID, Param("ID"))

My Original StartScreen formula to auto navigate looked like this

If(IsBlank(Param("ID")), Landing, ReworkDashboard)

The enhancement I am trying to achieve is for a 3rd and different PARAM trigger "IDP" which I would like to auto navigate on StartScreen but cannot get the formula right.

My Struggle Area Config looks like this:

OnStart

Set(VarReworkID, Param("ID")) & Set(VarPMPOCCID, Param("IDP"))

StartScreen

If(IsBlank(Param("ID")), Landing, ReworkDashboard) Or If(IsBlank(Param("IDP")), Landing, ProvideUpdate )

Any advice on what I am doing wrong, Could be to tired at this point to think straight 🙂

Thanks Community

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gabibalaban
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@darren28gould ,

Based on your scenario, you can try this approach on StartScreen Property:

Switch(
  false,
  IsBlank(Param("ID")),
  ReworkDashBoard,
  IsBlank(Param("IDP"),
  ProvideUpdate,
  Landing
)

Please note that in case both ID and IDP are not blank, the startscreen will be ReworkDashBoard.

Hope it helps !

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AhmedSalih
Super User
Super User

Hello, @darren28gould , check out my tutorial for similar scenario.

Regards,

Ahmed

If my reply helped you, please give a 👍. And if it has solved your issue, please consider a 👍 & Accepting it as the Solution to help other members of the community find it more.

My Blog: www.powerplatformplace.com

HI Ahmed, I see you using a switch to determine the value from the PARAM. I am however using separate PARAMETERS at different points. A user will never receive both at the simultaneously and will only navigate to app using a link with either "ID" or "IDP". In my head Something like the below.

OnStart: Default Stay On Landing ; Or IF PARAM ID NOT BLANK Nav >> Screen 2 ; Or IF PARAM IDF NOT BLANK Nav >> Screen 3. Could I achieve it with a switch?

gabibalaban
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@darren28gould ,

Based on your scenario, you can try this approach on StartScreen Property:

Switch(
  false,
  IsBlank(Param("ID")),
  ReworkDashBoard,
  IsBlank(Param("IDP"),
  ProvideUpdate,
  Landing
)

Please note that in case both ID and IDP are not blank, the startscreen will be ReworkDashBoard.

Hope it helps !

@darren28gould , 🙂 @gabibalaban just post it. 

darren28gould
Frequent Visitor

HUGE Thank you to you both, It works 🙂

#LegendCommunity

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,664)