cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

On premise connector to online connector upgrade

Hello Techies,

My team has build up a custom connector for PowerApps. It brings data from On Premise CRM system and display via PowerApps.

In future, We are going to upgrade on premise CRM system to Cloud. In this case, What precautions I need to take for upgrading on premise connector to Online one.

Do I need to re-write the connector?

In on-premise, we use data gateway but for online we don't require gateway accounts. Similarly, what can be other differences, What precautions we need to take  in respect to migration of connector. I am actually asking connector migration strategy.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: On premise connector to online connector upgrade

Hi @tanvis2011 ,

Do you want to change to use cloud custom connector instead of on-promises custom connector?

I'm afraid there' no data need to retain when creating cloud custom connector.

The steps are totally different when creating these two kinds of connector.

When you create on-promises custom connector, you need to Create your Visual Studio Project and Web API firstly.

While when you create cloud custom connector, you could register your on-premises Web API as a custom connector in Microsoft Flow or PowerApps directly.

The content is different too.

Here are docs bout how to create custom connector in these two situations:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/sk-sk/blog/on-premise-apis/

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/custom-connectors/define-blank

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: On premise connector to online connector upgrade

Hello,

I have all the APIs (to use in Custom connector)-I will import the swagger files under PowerApps custom connector.

As of now, I do not use Visual studio rather just consume APIs under my PowerApps provided platform custom connector.

Moreover, In case of Online I just make data connection and in case of on Premise I do connect via gateway. So I see the only difference of Gateway (bridge for on-prem-online data transfer).

I just need to know the steps if same connector can be used once CRM system will be migrated to on cloud by only removing Data gateway in between.

Thanks & Regards,

Sudhanshu 

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,853)