cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

On premised data gateway: Installation was but failed to sign in

Hi,

I am trying to install the PowerApps On-premises data gateway on a windows virtual machine.

The installation went successfully, however at the step for registering the gateway, I am unable to sing in with my org account. I am always receiving the following message:

Failed to sign in. Please verify your credentials and try again.

Previously on another computer (not a VM), I had installed the gateway successfully and able to sign in with my same credentials for registration process. 

Do you have any idea? Has some one experimented the same issue when installing the gateway on a VM? How many gateway can be installed per account?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: On premised data gateway: Installation was but failed to sign in

Hi @GoApp ,

Check on the related considerations

• Gateways aren't supported on Server Core installations.
  • The user installing the gateway must be the admin of the gateway.
  • The gateway can't be installed on a domain controller.
  • If you're planning to use Windows authentication, make sure you install the gateway on a computer that's a member of the same Active Directory environment as the data sources.
  • You shouldn't install a gateway on a computer, like a laptop, that might be turned off, asleep, or disconnected from the internet. The gateway can't run under any of those circumstances.
  • If a gateway uses a wireless network, its performance might suffer.
  • You can install up to two gateways on a single computer: one running in personal mode and the other running in standard mode. You can't have more than one gateway running in the same mode on the same computer.

About troubleshooting the on-premises data gateway:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/data-integration/gateway/service-gateway-tshoot

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: On premised data gateway: Installation was but failed to sign in

Thanks Mona,

I am still struggling with the issue. Should I understand that I need to be administrator  in the VM in order to be able to signing into the gateway? I am trying to understand why my  org account can't signed into the gateway installed on the VM, while it does with another gateway installed on another machine.

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,110)