Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Julien2
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

On save check for existing name in SharePoint document library

Hello everyone!

I have created a page that will be used to take pictures, to write the filename of the picture,and to choose the category of the picture and save the data to SharePoint library using flow.
I have a problem which consists of for example while user 1 saves an image under the name ”TESt” if someone else saves a different image under the same name the first image is replaced by the second person’s image.

I want to check for existing column Name in my document library before allowing the user to save the image, which consists of a notification that brings notice that an other file is named the same name already.

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

So what will be the function to check for the name column in SharePoint’s document library and send notification to the user ? any help would be appreciated.

I am using the following function OnSelect to start the flow on save.

Set(FileLinkFromFlow, Powerapps.Run(TextInput2.Text & ".jpg", Dropdown1.Selected.Value, TakenPic).filelink);Reset(TextInput2);Navigate(ViewReport,None)

Thank you!

12 REPLIES 12
cds
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Highlight the error. Post that.

@cds 

The error showing at the end of the function but it's not even highlighted in the function:

If(TextInput2.Text & ".jpg" exactin 'Expenses Bills Images'.'{Name}',Notify( "Duplicated file name", NotificationType.Error ),Set(FileLinkFromFlow, Powerapps.Run(TextInput2.Text & ".jpg", Dropdown1.Selected.Value, TakenPic).filelink)&&Reset(TextInput2)&&Navigate(ViewReport,None)HERE AT THE END after ) there is red no idea why.

@Julien2 Hi, did you solve it? I have the same problem!

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,300)