cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FMontesRNX1
Resolver II
Resolver II

OnChange isn't working correctly

I have a simple form that creates registry on a collection.
In general works, the only issue is when using a barcode scanner, to move between form questions, I've set a 'Tab' suffix instead 'Enter', so, on the last question data card value, I've set something like this on the OnChange property:

SubmitForm(Form1);
NewForm(Form1);
SetFocus(DataCardValue1)

The last line is to back to the first question when the form is submitted.

The problem is that sometimes happens this:
-After change the value and send 'Tab', doesn´t back to the first text box of first question

-Some fields still with same data of last registry sent.
This causes I need to move manually to the first question textbox and start again, but happens again after a few registries.
I've tried to set Reset(Datacardvalue) for each question on the OnChange, but still showing the last data sent.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FMontesRNX1
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi everyone, for now I've found a temporary solution.

Basically, I've added a new button that runs the same commands set on the OnChange property and set a specific Tab Index to both.
By this way, if for any unknown reason the OnChange commands doesn't run, the Tab will put the focus on the button instead other zone, so the person can scan again any barcode, and the button will be 'pressed', running the command to Submit the form, set New form, Reset, and setting focus on the first form field.

It doesn't solve the problem, but is working better than the previous scenario.

However any additional ideas will be welcome

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TechieT

@FMontesRNX1 have you tried ResetForm(Form1)?

Hi, yes, by any reason, keeps some info from last submitted registry inclusively with ResetForm(Form).
Not sure if maybe the performance of formulas/app/Internet is making this work so slow and doesn't met the OnChange property all the times.

FMontesRNX1
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi everyone, for now I've found a temporary solution.

Basically, I've added a new button that runs the same commands set on the OnChange property and set a specific Tab Index to both.
By this way, if for any unknown reason the OnChange commands doesn't run, the Tab will put the focus on the button instead other zone, so the person can scan again any barcode, and the button will be 'pressed', running the command to Submit the form, set New form, Reset, and setting focus on the first form field.

It doesn't solve the problem, but is working better than the previous scenario.

However any additional ideas will be welcome

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (1,397)