cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nate2182
Frequent Visitor

OnFailure Notify message not displaying after published

I have a form's OnFailure set with Notify(EditFullSubmission_Form.Error, NotificationType.Error)

This has worked fine during development but after publishing the Notify banner doesn't show giving the user no indication of what's going on. I'm also having a terribly hard time figuring out how to retrieve the very specific error message in other methods like a Label within the app. I've gotten as far as First(Errors(DATASOURCE)).Message  but it only gives the generic text of "The requested operation is invalid" rather than the detailed Notify message (in preview) of "The requested operation is invalid. Server Response: DATASOURCE failed: The list item could not be added or updated because duplicate values were found in the following field(s) in the list: COLUMNNAME"

Help with either of these issues/solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you -Nate

1 REPLY 1
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Nate2182 ,

Do you mean that the Notify function could not be fired when you run your published app?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The screenshot as below:

1.JPG

The OnFailure property of the Edit form would be fired only when you submit your Form data using SubmitForm function. If the issue still exists, please consider re-generate a new app based on your SP List data source, then try the published app again, check if the issue is fixed.

Also please consider turn on the "Formula-level error management" option within Advanced settings of App settings of your app, then re-publish your canvas app, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,922)