Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sevket
Helper I
Helper I

OnPremise SharePoint 2016 - Choice Columns not available

Hey everyone,

I just ran into an issue and hope that someone can help me.

This is the first project I'm doing with an onPremise SharePoint 2016 using the data gateway. As usual I add my connection and select the lists I need - no problems here.

I have a list which has 4 Choice-Columns (multiple selection allowed) and I can't add or select them anywhere in PowerApps. They are not showing up in the Forms (Add field), I also can't add them using the Custom Data Card option.

If I create a simple collection for the whole list, the fields are missing. I can't add them anywhere using "ListName"."ColumnName" as PowerApps tells me that there is no such column.

Then I tried creating a simple choice column (multiple selection NOT allowed) which shows up in PowerApps for selection.

I just updated the gateway to see if it helps, but unfortunately it doesn't.

Is there a know limitation caused by the OnPremise Data Gateway? Or is this a bug?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Well, after two months and receiving countless ticket updates from various teams at MS the official answer is:

Symptom:
The Checkbox type of column is not visible in PowerApps when Data Gateway is used to take information from a SharePoint Server list. Other type of columns work as expected.

Cause:
Due to a flaw within the SharePoint Connector, the metadata from the Checkbox type of columns cannot be transferred to PowerApps.

Resolution:
The SharePoint developers team is currently working into fixing this within the SharePoint Connector but they cannot provide a time frame for this.

As you can imagine this is absolutely unsatisfying for me and my customer.

But at least you don't have to try troubleshooting this for yourself - it just doesn't work.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@Sevket 

Definitely looks like a bug.

Check this blog on Power Automate and multi select choice fields for SharePoint on-premises but same applies to Power Apps as well.

https://prairiedeveloper.com/2019/02/inserting-values-into-multi-value-sharepoint-on-prem-choice-fie...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

@RezaDorrani 

Thanks for your repsonse - that kinda blows.

The Power Automate workaround is nice but doesn't help me as I need the columns to filter my list and reuse the results.

Maybe someone else has managed to find a workaround?

alrez
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

Looking through this, this does appear to be a bug. If you want you might want to create a ticket with Microsoft Support and they could take a look and see if there are any workaround that they might be aware of. I'll include a link if you want to go down that path.

If you would like to create a ticket with Microsoft Customer Support here is a link on how to do so: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/get-help-support

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello again,

I already got in touch with MS support and they are looking into it - I showed them the issue and so far they don't have a solution for it. I guess they'll need to dig a little deeper 🙂

I'll keep you guys updated.

Regards

@Sevket 

Thanks for the follow up.

Please keep us all posted.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks,
Reza Dorrani, MVP
YouTube
Twitter

Well, after two months and receiving countless ticket updates from various teams at MS the official answer is:

Symptom:
The Checkbox type of column is not visible in PowerApps when Data Gateway is used to take information from a SharePoint Server list. Other type of columns work as expected.

Cause:
Due to a flaw within the SharePoint Connector, the metadata from the Checkbox type of columns cannot be transferred to PowerApps.

Resolution:
The SharePoint developers team is currently working into fixing this within the SharePoint Connector but they cannot provide a time frame for this.

As you can imagine this is absolutely unsatisfying for me and my customer.

But at least you don't have to try troubleshooting this for yourself - it just doesn't work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,738)