Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sevket
Helper I
Helper I

OnPremise SharePoint 2016 - Choice Columns not available

Hey everyone,

I just ran into an issue and hope that someone can help me.

This is the first project I'm doing with an onPremise SharePoint 2016 using the data gateway. As usual I add my connection and select the lists I need - no problems here.

I have a list which has 4 Choice-Columns (multiple selection allowed) and I can't add or select them anywhere in PowerApps. They are not showing up in the Forms (Add field), I also can't add them using the Custom Data Card option.

If I create a simple collection for the whole list, the fields are missing. I can't add them anywhere using "ListName"."ColumnName" as PowerApps tells me that there is no such column.

Then I tried creating a simple choice column (multiple selection NOT allowed) which shows up in PowerApps for selection.

I just updated the gateway to see if it helps, but unfortunately it doesn't.

Is there a know limitation caused by the OnPremise Data Gateway? Or is this a bug?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Well, after two months and receiving countless ticket updates from various teams at MS the official answer is:

Symptom:
The Checkbox type of column is not visible in PowerApps when Data Gateway is used to take information from a SharePoint Server list. Other type of columns work as expected.

Cause:
Due to a flaw within the SharePoint Connector, the metadata from the Checkbox type of columns cannot be transferred to PowerApps.

Resolution:
The SharePoint developers team is currently working into fixing this within the SharePoint Connector but they cannot provide a time frame for this.

As you can imagine this is absolutely unsatisfying for me and my customer.

But at least you don't have to try troubleshooting this for yourself - it just doesn't work.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@Sevket 

Definitely looks like a bug.

Check this blog on Power Automate and multi select choice fields for SharePoint on-premises but same applies to Power Apps as well.

https://prairiedeveloper.com/2019/02/inserting-values-into-multi-value-sharepoint-on-prem-choice-fie...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

@RezaDorrani 

Thanks for your repsonse - that kinda blows.

The Power Automate workaround is nice but doesn't help me as I need the columns to filter my list and reuse the results.

Maybe someone else has managed to find a workaround?

alrez
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

Looking through this, this does appear to be a bug. If you want you might want to create a ticket with Microsoft Support and they could take a look and see if there are any workaround that they might be aware of. I'll include a link if you want to go down that path.

If you would like to create a ticket with Microsoft Customer Support here is a link on how to do so: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/get-help-support

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello again,

I already got in touch with MS support and they are looking into it - I showed them the issue and so far they don't have a solution for it. I guess they'll need to dig a little deeper 🙂

I'll keep you guys updated.

Regards

RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@Sevket 

Thanks for the follow up.

Please keep us all posted.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks,
Reza Dorrani, MVP
YouTube
Twitter

Well, after two months and receiving countless ticket updates from various teams at MS the official answer is:

Symptom:
The Checkbox type of column is not visible in PowerApps when Data Gateway is used to take information from a SharePoint Server list. Other type of columns work as expected.

Cause:
Due to a flaw within the SharePoint Connector, the metadata from the Checkbox type of columns cannot be transferred to PowerApps.

Resolution:
The SharePoint developers team is currently working into fixing this within the SharePoint Connector but they cannot provide a time frame for this.

As you can imagine this is absolutely unsatisfying for me and my customer.

But at least you don't have to try troubleshooting this for yourself - it just doesn't work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PWREduCon768x460.png

Join us at PWR EduCon - A Power Platform Conference

Learn from the top Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate & Power Virtual Agents experts!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,568)