Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jakegolden
Helper III
Helper III

OnSuccess for only Submitting new form

Hello,

How can I restrict the OnSuccess for only new forms? I have an email being sent out once a new form is created, but I do not want an email to be sent out if the form was submitted in edit mode.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Jakegolden ,

Set a Variable when you instigate the New Form

Set(gblNew: true);
NewForm(FormName)

OnSuccess of your Form

If(
   gblNew,
   Set(gblNew,false),
   YourOtherCodeHere
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Jakegolden ,

Set a Variable when you instigate the New Form

Set(gblNew: true);
NewForm(FormName)

OnSuccess of your Form

If(
   gblNew,
   Set(gblNew,false),
   YourOtherCodeHere
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Jakegolden ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,245)