cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

OnVisable functions

I'll try to summarize this the best can...

• I have an App built from a SharePoint list.  One of the columns is Date Completed that gets populated at the end.
  • I have a Flow that is triggered when a new item is created in the list.  
  • The Flow runs an Azure Runbook.  (Takes 20-30 seconds)
  • I am collecting Status of the Runbook once it complete.
  • If the Runbook is completed successfully, the SharePoint list is updated and the Date Completed field is now populated.

In my app, once the form is submitted, I have it navigate to a screen called running.  I am trying to have that screen (using OnVisable) check the Date Completed Data Card field to see if it is blank, if so, refresh the screen until the Date Completed Data Card is populated and then navigate to a completed screen.

Has anyone done something like this and is able to offer some assistance?

2019-12-05.jpg  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User III
Super User III

@jpragsdale 

You'll want to delete REFRESH from your current function within OnVisible.  Unfortunately, its not allowed in there.  I suggest you look into how to return data from a flow to PowerApps.  Once data is returned from the Azure flowbook you could set a variable to True.  The variable could be placed in the OnVisible property to toggle your loading screen.

I suggest you check out the article below and adapt the technique to your problem.

Link To Article:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/return-data-to-powerapps/

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User III
Super User III

@jpragsdale 

You'll want to delete REFRESH from your current function within OnVisible.  Unfortunately, its not allowed in there.  I suggest you look into how to return data from a flow to PowerApps.  Once data is returned from the Azure flowbook you could set a variable to True.  The variable could be placed in the OnVisible property to toggle your loading screen.

I suggest you check out the article below and adapt the technique to your problem.

Link To Article:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/return-data-to-powerapps/

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,434)