Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
juan_urena
Helper I
Helper I

OnVisible doesn´t work

Hi I have a issue, I have this code on the onVisible of my screen:

If(
      Form5_2.Mode = FormMode.Edit;UpdateContext({defaultriesgo:riesgoField_1.Text});;
   )

and don´t work, don´t do nothing

but if I put in a button it works 

riesgoField_1.Text is a datacardvalue and it have data from sharepoint 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
juan_urena
Helper I
Helper I

@mdevaney , I find this post:https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps-Formerly/Onvisible-Not-Firing/m-p/238231#M69... and he had the same issue but he use set, so i guess that it is a bug, the post has a solution and it work for my

anyway, thank you @mdevaney  for you  time 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@juan_urena
The OnVisible code will run when you switch to the screen from another screen. Did you try to make the code run by switching screens?

I am sorry for the very basic question but it’s the first one I must ask.

—-
Please Accept as Solution if this post answered your question so others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

hi yes I do it from other screen I use this code:

ResetForm(Form5_2);;EditForm(Form5_2);;Navigate( 'edicion de proyecto_1'; None ;{itemSeleccionadoId:ThisItem.ID})

Hi @mdevaney 

@juan_urena
Can you try using a SET variable within OnVisble instead of UpdateContext? This will tell us if the problem is due to the type of variable you are setting.
juan_urena
Helper I
Helper I

@mdevaney , I find this post:https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps-Formerly/Onvisible-Not-Firing/m-p/238231#M69... and he had the same issue but he use set, so i guess that it is a bug, the post has a solution and it work for my

anyway, thank you @mdevaney  for you  time 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,294)