cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jobbo83
Frequent Visitor

OnVisible of StartScreen not firing

I'm having trouble with an app that I'm building. 

I've set a specific screen in the new App.StartScreen property. I've moved some pre-loading code out of the App.OnStart property and into the OnVisible property of the screen loaded via StartScreen and I am using that as a loading screen as I was lead to believe that this was best practice.

I've tested it in the studio and all works as expected, the OnVisible is triggered when I switch between screens. The relevant variables are set and collections are created. However, as soon as I publish it and try to run the app, the OnVisible never gets triggered and the app just sits on the StartScreen not doing anything!

I've been trying to get this to work all week, so if anyone has any ideas that can save my sanity, please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jobbo83
Frequent Visitor

Tracked down the issue. There was an error in the OnVisible PowerFX that wasn't showing as an error (no red squiggles). Spotted it when checking the status of various variables that there was an assignment error when setting one of them. This was stopping the OnVisible from triggering!

No idea why it wasn't showing as an error, but having fixed that, the OnVisible now runs again, so I'll finally be able to sleep tonight!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Jobbo83
Frequent Visitor

Tracked down the issue. There was an error in the OnVisible PowerFX that wasn't showing as an error (no red squiggles). Spotted it when checking the status of various variables that there was an assignment error when setting one of them. This was stopping the OnVisible from triggering!

No idea why it wasn't showing as an error, but having fixed that, the OnVisible now runs again, so I'll finally be able to sleep tonight!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,817)