Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

OnVisible variables not always working

Hello,

I have a bit of a problem:

In my form on 8 of the screens, I have a different toggle on each screen, with Yes/No.

If its a Yes (true), it updates the Status dropdown to 'Requires further review'

If its a No (false), it updates the Status dropdown to 'No further review required'

I then have a hidden label on the screen, which is looking at the value of dropdown (DataCardValue162) on its text property:

DataCardValue162.Selected.Value = "Requires further review"

Then on the OnVisible of that screen I have:

If(Lbl_ReviewYes1.Text = "true", Set(ReviewYes1, Lbl_ReviewYes1.Text));

Then on on Screen2 I have the same set up , but looking at DataCardValue163, and the Lbl_ReviewYes2, is being set to ReviewYes2 and so on

I noticed if one of the Reviews are set to Requires further review, the label which is hidden, displays true, so that part of the logic is working, but when navigating away to other screens, it appears the OnVisible variable doesn't always get set.

So I thought the user is clicking the next button too quickly, so I've put a timer on the screen to show the next button 6 secs later.... I thought this fixed the issue, but didn't.

The problem I have is, if any 1 of the 8 screens have set yes to Requires Review, the code I have navigates all users to a Final Review screen, but sometimes what is happening is even though a further review is required, it navigates to the final screen as though it doesn't require a review and this is a problem.

I don't believe my next button code is where the problem is, and I'm fairly certain it's to do with the OnVisible variable set at each screen not always triggering.

Any ideas how I can fix/troubleshoot this please?

10 REPLIES 10

Hi @G99 ,

Ok, I'm looking forward for your feedback.

Now, let me explain my solution:
1)when you load this screen, timer will automatically start.

After 3s, ReviewYes1 will set based on the value in the label.

2)DataCardValue162's selection will change based on the toggle.

label's value will change based on DataCardValue162.

So Label's value will change with the toggle.

But it will not change ReviewYes1's value.

3)toggle's OnCheck, OnUncheck is used to change ReviewYes1's value based on that toggle's value.

To sum up:

ReviewYes1's value is decided by toggle's Default value when you firstly load this screen.

If you make any change on that toggle later, ReviewYes1's value will change too.

This screen's action will only affect ReviewYes1's value, not other variables in other screens.

If my understanding is not right, please describe more clearly about how the variables change with the toggles.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (92,071)