cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZaraD
Frequent Visitor

Onboarding Tasks Template - App suddenly broke

Dear all,

I am just writing to check whether there have been any updates on the Onboarding Tasks template. Last year I built an app based on that template. It required some customization but it was working just fine for a long time. Out of the sudden, some screens appear empty and there are numerous error messages about the formulas used.

This is really frustrating, so I'd appreciate any feedback.

Kind regards,

Zara

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @ZaraD 

Based on the first error about the concurrent function, can you move all the Navigate() functions out of concurrent functions?

Example:

Previous : Concurrent(Action1,Action2,Navigate(Screen1))

New: Concurrent(Action1,Action2);Navigate(Screen1)

For Office365 errors, can you refer the documentations of the associated connectors, there are a few deprecated functions which you might want to update.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @ZaraD 

Can you share the errors that you are getting when opening the app? Also, can you try to refresh all the data sources that you connected with your app?

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

ZaraD
Frequent Visitor

Hello @yashag2255 ,

Please see below -  it doesn't not recognize the user and it doesn't pull the tasks (the screen is completely empty). In the App Checker, in Formulas, suddenly 30 error messages appeared about the Concurrent function. They impact many objects but in most part the error messages say "Use of functions that can change the screen or exit the app within the Concurrent function is now allowed". It looks like the office 365 user functions are no longer working. This is definitely not something that I ever had to update. I have refreshed my data sources but the issue persists. I only had to update the app once more than 6 months ago and it was definitely working then. Now I cannot restore any previous versions as the last was updated more than 6 months ago.

Onboarding tasks.png

Thanks a lot for looking into this for me.

Regards,

Zara

yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @ZaraD 

Based on the first error about the concurrent function, can you move all the Navigate() functions out of concurrent functions?

Example:

Previous : Concurrent(Action1,Action2,Navigate(Screen1))

New: Concurrent(Action1,Action2);Navigate(Screen1)

For Office365 errors, can you refer the documentations of the associated connectors, there are a few deprecated functions which you might want to update.

Hope this Helps!

View solution in original post

ZaraD
Frequent Visitor

@yashag2255,

Thank you very much! By the sounds of it, Microsoft had made the combination of Concurrent and screen exit formulas, such as Back/Navigate incompatible. By doing this, the apps that had such a combination of formulas broke directly. I had 30 formulas like that but it has now been fixed.

Thanks once again,

Zara

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (100,935)