Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
TBuente
Level 8

Onboarding app not saving changes

Hi all,

I am editing the Onboarding template; however, when editing fields such as "Team header", the changes do not save when I refresh the app. The method I am using to change these fields, is the built-in, in-app editing button. When pressed, these buttons do allow me to change the fields, and the changes do display; however, whenever I refresh the application, they revert back to the original template fields.

For example, on the Onboarding template, if you select the "Company" tab, select "Edit company header", and change the company name, the field will change; however, will revert back to "Fabrikam Inc." once the application is refreshed.

I can simply hardcode these fields, but would like to keep the in-app editing feature if possible.

Any help is appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: Onboarding app not saving changes

@TBuente 

What is the Item property of the form set to?  This tells the PowerApp which record to load.

Microsoft v-siky-msft
Microsoft

Re: Onboarding app not saving changes

@TBuente 

All data in the app is from collections generated on OnStart property. The collection is only temporarily cached, once you refresh the app, it will reload the initial values to collections.

Here are two workarounds

1. Store Collection in local by using LoadData and SaveData function. Reference: Use a collection , SaveData and LoadData functions 

Note: SaveData and LoadData function only work in Power Apps Mobile but not Power Apps Studio or the web player for Power Apps.

2. Replace the Collections to your own online data source, i.e. SharePoint list, Common Data Service, Excel on OneDrive. You can refer to this thread to know how to replace the Collection/Data source.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Total-Newb-Changing-List-Entries-in-Template... 

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,309)