cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
astrontelstar
Helper III
Helper III

One Edit Form for Multiple Galleries / pages

I am working on a PowerApp.  I have several pages using galleries with filter commands against the same data.  For example, one gallery page shows all open orders, one gallery page shows all orders not delivered, etc.  I would like to have the user click on the record on each different gallery and hit the SAME edit page, but from what I can tell in the edit page you have to use a "fixed" Gallery1.Selected from a specific gallery.

Any ideas how to do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@astrontelstar 

The key is to use a variable to set the gallery before navigating to the edit form. I like to use a lookup to identify the record being edited so I would Set(galvar, galleynamehere) and in the Item property have 

Lookup(datasource, ID=galvar.Selected.ID). 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@astrontelstar 

The key is to use a variable to set the gallery before navigating to the edit form. I like to use a lookup to identify the record being edited so I would Set(galvar, galleynamehere) and in the Item property have 

Lookup(datasource, ID=galvar.Selected.ID). 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,260)