cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

One Form, Two Lists

Hello,

First let me say I do not have any formal education or training on PowerApps.  Everything I have built, I have done so by reading through the forums, books, and youtube videos.  I do not know code.  😞  I have a PowerApps Form connected to a SharePoint list that has hit it's maximum capacity of columns.  If I create an additional SharePoint list, how do I connect the new list and not lose the old list connection?  Both lists would be maintained, and updated based on the fields updated in the form.  

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: One Form, Two Lists

On the your form you can use Patch to insert new Data into any other Table you have created. So that is possible.

On how to connect the new Table, follow same process used in connection of the first Table.

However you can decide not to Link it to any form. 

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Highlighted

Sorry, I don't know what a patch is.  😞

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Patch, like SubmitForm is used to send Data from a form or a screen to the list or Datasource. 

Whilst SubmitForm will send data on a form only the the Datasource, Patch could used a form and outside the form. Example a information in a Textbox outside a form could be sent to the database using a Patch function.

For more information on patch

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-patch

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Connie0501 

When your app's requirements exceed the ability of the out of the box PowerApps form to meet them, you can create your own form.  It will give you all the flexibility that you need.   Check out https://baizini-it.com/blog/index.php/2017/09/28/powerapps-101-create-your-own-forms/  on how to do this.  When your list has that many columns, it is probably poorly designed to be used in a data base.  Check out https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/News-Announcements/Database-Design-Fundamentals-and-PowerApps-An... when you get a chance to see how to properly design the back end. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,066)