cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

One Form, one screen, several sections

Hi,

I've tried for the past two days to make this work.

I'm looking for one form on one screen. It's a very long form. 

I want to be able to show one section of the form at a time (section 1 datacards visible, everything else not visible). When I click the next arrow, the next set of data cards will show and the progress bar rectangle will have a disabledFill = gray. 

I can't seem to find the right combination of logical steps to make this work. (Sorry, but had to block out the card titles)

form help.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
eka24
Super User
Super User

Follow these two videos:

https://youtu.be/aA3gqmo1xzw?t=5

https://youtu.be/if_mFIfi5PM?t=4

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

@Anonymous ,

As well as @eka24 's tabbed solution, if you want to try something like the below, happy to share the code.

ExpandCollapse.gif

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's really cool. I really appreciate it @WarrenBelz. If you could share this code, it would be very helpful. 

Hi @Anonymous ,

Not a very complex process

Firstly, all "sections" have different Variables (I have used vResist below as an example for the top one). The "Header" is a full-width card - if you do not want a control in it, just put in a custom card. The "expand/collapse" icon arrows have this code at OnSelect.

Expand

UpdateContext({vResist:true})

Collapse

UpdateContext({vResist:false})

Visible property - Expand

!vResist

Collapse

vResist

Now every control (watch star and error) in every card in this section needs the Visible

vResist

Now the Height of every cards in the section (example assumes normal height 50)

If(
   vResist,
)

You can try simply setting the Card Visible to vResist, (and not worrying about the controls or height) but I have found at times they do not always come back placed properly.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It wasn't exactly what I was looking for but it was a good solution for other issues that I will have in the future. I have to be able to scroll horizontally and not vertically. This was a very cool solution though. Thanks again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,716)