cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CCastro

One of my customers can't see the month of the date in forms, labels and tables

I designed an app and I used labels, tables and galleries with dates but one of my customers can't see the month of the date (please see the picture). Do you know the problem? How can I solve it? I really appreciate your help!Captura.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @CCastro 

Text(ThisItem.Fecha;"mmmm") returns the long month name in the language that's based on the web browser language (or the language of the device).

If lenguaje="ENG" and browser language if it something other than Spanish, Text(ThisItem.Fecha;"mmmm") will not return enero/febrero/marzo etc, and this is the most likely cause of the month name not displaying as expected.

Therefore, I would check that the customer's browser/device is set to Spanish.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Nogueira1306
Super User
Super User

I had a bug simillar to that...

I talked to Microsoft, they said that they did not found an error and the app started working

If you need additional help please tag me in your reply and please like my reply.
If my reply provided you with a solution, pleased mark it as a solution ✔️!

Best regards,
Gonçalo Nogueira

Check my LinkedIn!

Check my User Group (pt-PT)!

Last Post on Community

My website!

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@CCastro 

What is the formula on the label that shows the month?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!
timl
Super User
Super User

@CCastro 

I assume you're calling the text function to format the date, and it's interesting that the month appears correctly in the 'planned' section. To diagnose this, it might be worth reviewing what's different between the labels that do and don't work.

timl_0-1642779498359.png

Hi Randy, 

In the Galleries the formula is:

If(lenguaje="ENG";Concatenate(Switch(Text(ThisItem.Fecha;"mmmm");"enero";"January";"febrero";"February";"marzo";"March";"abril";"April";"mayo";"May";"junio";"June";"julio";"July";"agosto";"August";"septiembre";"September";"octubre";"October";"noviembre";"November";"diciembre";"December");", ";Year(ThisItem.Fecha));Concatenate(Text(ThisItem.Fecha;"mmmm");", ";Year(ThisItem.Fecha)))

In the label the formula is:

If(Toggle1.Value=true;Concatenate(Switch(Text(DPFecha.SelectedDate;"mmmm");"enero";"January";"febrero";"February";"marzo";"March";"abril";"April";"mayo";"May";"junio";"June";"julio";"July";"agosto";"August";"septiembre";"September";"octubre";"October";"noviembre";"November";"diciembre";"December");", ";Year(DPFecha.SelectedDate));Text(DPFecha.SelectedDate;"mmmm yyyy"))

Your asumption is correct. I'm confused because the same formula works correctly when I run the app in my laptop, the mistake appear only when one customer run its (the others can see the app like me)... 

Hi @CCastro 

Text(ThisItem.Fecha;"mmmm") returns the long month name in the language that's based on the web browser language (or the language of the device).

If lenguaje="ENG" and browser language if it something other than Spanish, Text(ThisItem.Fecha;"mmmm") will not return enero/febrero/marzo etc, and this is the most likely cause of the month name not displaying as expected.

Therefore, I would check that the customer's browser/device is set to Spanish.

Thanks a lot, you're right! The device language is spanish but the browser is english, then the switch function doesn't works like I wanted.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,518)