Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
FoDelement
Level 8

OneDrive Permission

Hello,

I have what I assume is a PowerApps issue, but I am not really sure. I have been building apps that pull data from an excel document with tables that live on my OneDrive for a while now. I have not updated or changed these apps at all, yet today, all the users are getting the following message. 1.jpg

I checked the permissions on the file, and they all still have full control over the file. I removed all access to the file, and readded them, to the same result. 

As a test, I made a new app that just displayed a table and shared it with a user of mine. I once again granted them access to the app and the excel file. They are getting the same "You don't have permission to view this data" message.

I can open the apps just fine and access the data.

I created an app with a test account, shared the file and app with everyone, and it works fine.

It seems like an issue with my OneDrive connector. What can I do to resolve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FoDelement
Level 8

Re: OneDrive Permission

Hello , @v-monli-msft 

We do use OneDrive for business, so that is the connector we are using. It's the same users who have been using my apps for months. There has been no new users introduced. I did however have the users open the excel files on the computers, make changes and save them. It allowed them to make these changes. I had one of them open my app, and I moved the data to their OneDrive for business account and added the datasource as them (using their connection) and now it works for everyone again. There is deferentially something wrong with my OneDrive for business connector.

Is there a way to refresh it somehow?

EDIT: This self-resolved this morning, however if there is a way to refresh the connector incase this happens again, I would still like to know how. 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @FoDelement ,

Did this app work before for these users? Please let these users to first access this app from OneDrive site directly and see if they to modify the file there successfully. Make sure that your users are using OneDrive account not OneDrive for Business account.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
FoDelement
Level 8

Hello , @v-monli-msft 

We do use OneDrive for business, so that is the connector we are using. It's the same users who have been using my apps for months. There has been no new users introduced. I did however have the users open the excel files on the computers, make changes and save them. It allowed them to make these changes. I had one of them open my app, and I moved the data to their OneDrive for business account and added the datasource as them (using their connection) and now it works for everyone again. There is deferentially something wrong with my OneDrive for business connector.

Is there a way to refresh it somehow?

EDIT: This self-resolved this morning, however if there is a way to refresh the connector incase this happens again, I would still like to know how. 🙂

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,991)