cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

OneDrive for Business Access

Hi I created an app in which you can upload a file to my OneDrive for Business using Power Automate. The App/Flow runs successfully when I run it with my account and some of the users that I shared with. But it asks for user's OneDrive for Business access when opening the app. If the file is being uploaded to my OneDrive, then why is it asking users for their OneDrive access. Am I  missing something or doing something wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: OneDrive for Business Access

Hi @ALazyUser ,

Firstly, let me explain why the flow need other users' access for their OneDrive:

The flow will always ask for access of current user.

For example: 

If you use this flow, the flow will ask for your access, and  upload a file to your OneDrive.

If other user this flow, the flow will ask for other user's access, and upload a file to  their OneDrive.

Even you are the creator of this flow, it does not mean that you always upload to the same account's One Drive.

Secondly, I think you need to know more about connection.

Everyone who uses this flow, needs to create a connection with the data source that the flow uses.

In your issue, it is OneDrive.

When you create connection with data source, you need to provide the connection's credentials (current user's).

In your issue, it means that user allow the permission of OneDrive. 

You could manage your connection in the My connections page, like changing account, verifying password.

Here's a doc about managing connections for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/add-manage-connections

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Since the user login with his or her specific account, those validation would occur. If they should in with your account, such validation will not be done.
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ALazyUser ,

Firstly, let me explain why the flow need other users' access for their OneDrive:

The flow will always ask for access of current user.

For example: 

If you use this flow, the flow will ask for your access, and  upload a file to your OneDrive.

If other user this flow, the flow will ask for other user's access, and upload a file to  their OneDrive.

Even you are the creator of this flow, it does not mean that you always upload to the same account's One Drive.

Secondly, I think you need to know more about connection.

Everyone who uses this flow, needs to create a connection with the data source that the flow uses.

In your issue, it is OneDrive.

When you create connection with data source, you need to provide the connection's credentials (current user's).

In your issue, it means that user allow the permission of OneDrive. 

You could manage your connection in the My connections page, like changing account, verifying password.

Here's a doc about managing connections for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/add-manage-connections

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for answer. That explains a lot.
However one more question please - Can I edit my flow in such a way that it always uses my OneDrive (sharing OneDrive connection implicitly just like SQL server connections) for uploading instead of theirs?

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ALazyUser ,

I'm afraid it's not supported to set this in your flow.

When a user run a flow, it will always log in current user's account, no need to enter password.

Also you choose choose choose to log in with other account, but need to enter the account name and password.

So if you want others log in with your One drive account, you need to tell them your account name and password. And then these users need to manually enter your accounts information every time he runs this flow.

Best regards,

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Is there a way I can store the files to a central repository? Should I use a sharepoint documents library?

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ALazyUser ,

Yes, you could save file to sharepoint library.

You just need to make other users have permission on this sharepoint library.

I suggest you try "create file" action in your flow.

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Announcing

Class of 2020- Season 2

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,972)