cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndersIskov Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Only Admin can see PowerApp Data after publishing, not other users

Hi,

I have created an Application, which I would like to share with colleagues in the company. However, when I invite and give the moderator status (they are in the same network and can access the Excel file stored in Onedrive for Business).

Can anyone help? Whenever they open the the edit of view/use version they get the same error and do not see the data.

The error users receive is the below:

Publishing error.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Only Admin can see PowerApp Data after publishing, not other users

Hi @AndersIskov ,

Which license do your end users have?

Do you add only Excel table data source within your app? Do you add any other Premium data source or On-premises data source in your app?

Which permission of your Excel table has been assigned to your end users? Read permission only or Edit permission?

If you want your end users to use this shared app to edit your Excel table, please make sure that you have assigned "Edit" permission of your Excel table to your end users.

In addition, please also check if these end users owned proper PowerApps license to run your shared app. Also please consider use Patch function to submit data back to your data source without using SubmitForm function. Please set the OnSelect property of the "Submit" button in your Edit screen to following:

If(
   EditForm1.Mode = FormMode.New
   Patch('ExcelTable', Defaults('ExcelTable'), EditForm1.Updates),  // Add new record
   Patch('ExcelTable', BrowseGallery1.Selected. EditForm1.Updates)  // Edit existing record
);
If(
   IsEmpty(Errors('ExcelTable')),
   Back(),
   Notify("Submit Fail!", NotificationType.Error)
)

If the issue still exists, please consider re-generate a new app based on your Excel table data source, then share it to your end users again, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @AndersIskov 

Can you please confirm that the user that is trying to access this data has appropriate access to view/update the details?

Also, make sure that the user created a valid connection to the datasource once they opened the app for the first time.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Post Partisan

Hi Yashag,

So far so good, I have made sure that it is in fact accessible for all parties on the onedrive, however, now they get the follow message when they open the application (and see the stored data!):

"There was a problem saving your changes. The data source may be invalid."

I have "granted access" to the excel file through our One Drive for Business, but still cannot find a way for them to also add and/or edit the data within the application.

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AndersIskov ,

Which license do your end users have?

Do you add only Excel table data source within your app? Do you add any other Premium data source or On-premises data source in your app?

Which permission of your Excel table has been assigned to your end users? Read permission only or Edit permission?

If you want your end users to use this shared app to edit your Excel table, please make sure that you have assigned "Edit" permission of your Excel table to your end users.

In addition, please also check if these end users owned proper PowerApps license to run your shared app. Also please consider use Patch function to submit data back to your data source without using SubmitForm function. Please set the OnSelect property of the "Submit" button in your Edit screen to following:

If(
   EditForm1.Mode = FormMode.New
   Patch('ExcelTable', Defaults('ExcelTable'), EditForm1.Updates),  // Add new record
   Patch('ExcelTable', BrowseGallery1.Selected. EditForm1.Updates)  // Edit existing record
);
If(
   IsEmpty(Errors('ExcelTable')),
   Back(),
   Notify("Submit Fail!", NotificationType.Error)
)

If the issue still exists, please consider re-generate a new app based on your Excel table data source, then share it to your end users again, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Post Partisan

Hi @v-xida-msft 

First of all, thank you for the very detailed message!

1. We are only using an Excelsheet with a maintable ('MainTable_1') as well as a variety of other small tables in the same sheet, which I use as dropdown values. This Excelsheet is stored on Onedrive for Business. Our licenses are License 365 and all of the users have access to PowerApps and have allowance to edit the Excelsheet. See below:

AccessProblem3.JPG

Over the weekend I was creating the application and could access to data through the application. Yesterday evening before logging off it worked just fine, however, now even I can't see any data although it does get stored in the Excelsheets 'Maintable_1':

AccessProblem1.JPG

This is the Excelsheets MainTable_1:

AccessProblem2.JPG

I have changed the OnSelect property of the Save/submit button on the editform1. That works and I have added it to the MainTable_1 as well as BrowseGallery1.

However, I am still dealing with the same issue.

Post Partisan

@v-xida-msft 

I Duplicated my Excelsheet and connected through the new data-source and now it seems to be working for everyone.

Thank you for your assistance.

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AndersIskov ,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved your probem, and the solution I provided above is helpful in your scenario, please consider go ahead to click "Accept as Solution" to identify this thread has beenb solved.

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

And the winner is...

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,012)