Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kosenurm
Super User
Super User

Only allow person from a variable look up to use a toggle

Hi there, 

I have a variable OnStart of my app which looks up whether the person using the app is on a Dataverse table. If they are, they can do certain things in my app which others can't. This variable is called "IsPriv"; meaning "Is Privileged". 

I want to use this variable to ensure that only those where IsPriv = true, can use a toggle control, otherwise they get a Notify message saying that they don't have permissions. Please can someone advise on the code for this?

Many thanks

K.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
eka24
Super User
Super User

In the DisplayMode of the Toggle:

If(IsPriv,DisplayMode.Edit,DisplayMode.View)

Then Inside a Label beside or below the Toggle with:

"You cant use a Toggle" in the Text Property.

Then set the Visible of the Label to: IsPriv

If it doesnt work, show the formula for the Variable.

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Please Subscribe to my Youtube Channel

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
eka24
Super User
Super User

In the DisplayMode of the Toggle:

If(IsPriv,DisplayMode.Edit,DisplayMode.View)

Then Inside a Label beside or below the Toggle with:

"You cant use a Toggle" in the Text Property.

Then set the Visible of the Label to: IsPriv

If it doesnt work, show the formula for the Variable.

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Please Subscribe to my Youtube Channel

@eka24 

Thanks - this works.

When the Privileged user now selects the toggle, a pop up appears with a combobox. When they enter a person into this combobox and hit Submit, it adds the Display Name of the person from the combobox to a variable called "LondonDelPerson". 

On my patch command (this is a deskbooking app), a column name is 'LDN Desk Reserved For:'   - I want this to patch the LondonDelPerson's name if the variable is not blank, otherwise patch the user's name (User().FullName).

Any ideas?

I was trying Text(If(!IsBlank, LondonDelPerson, User().FullName)   but get an error?

Thanks

K.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,582)