Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nurbmr
Helper I
Helper I

Only navigate if record exist

Hi, 

I'm trying to figure out how to only allow the screen to navigate away from the login screen if the user record exists in the database. The detailed scenario as follows: 

Screen_Login has a barcode scanner which a user will scan and it will navigate to another screen only if the user's QR code value match the Employee ID in the database. BarcodeScanner1 OnScan property is 

Set(V1, BarcodeScanner1.Value);If(LookUp(Database1,EmployeeID=V1)),Navigate(Screen_LoginSuccess);

However, this syntax is not working. What should be changed?

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rubin_boer
Super User
Super User

hi @nurbmr try replacing the lookup with in or filter.

If(V1 in Database1.EmployeeID, Navigate(Screen_LoginSuccess,ScreenTransition.None),Navigate(App.ActiveScreen))

hope this helps

hey there if you liked the post give it a thumbs up, and if it solved your question please accept it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rubin_boer
Super User
Super User

hi @nurbmr try replacing the lookup with in or filter.

If(V1 in Database1.EmployeeID, Navigate(Screen_LoginSuccess,ScreenTransition.None),Navigate(App.ActiveScreen))

hope this helps

hey there if you liked the post give it a thumbs up, and if it solved your question please accept it as a solution.

Hi @rubin_boer ,

I use the in function and it works! Thank you so much! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (5,818)