cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Emerald64
Regular Visitor

Only one control for manage several Tables

Hello, is it possible in powerapps to browse and update records of several Tables using only one Control for Browse records, one Control for view record selected, one Control for Edit record selected ? for example I have Table1, Table2, Table3, so I have 3 gallery Controls (BrowseGallery1, BrowseGallery2, BrowseGallery3) everyone with different value in “Items” for connect to related Table: it is possible having only BrowseGalley1 where i can put in “Items” the Connection string to desired Table ? and similar for FormViewer1, FormViewer2, FormViewer3 (only one) and EditForm1, EditForm2, EditForm3 (only one)

I hope it is possible help me…Tank You !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi, I have partially resolve with a test on DataTable1.Items: Switch(v_Progetto;"Miulli";Attività_1;"Barilla";Attività)

But, the great ask is: is possible in powerapps create a connection object ?

Similar:

Set p_Conn1 new connection

p_Conn1 = https://gruppoprova.sharepoint.com/sites/pwa/Elenco1

BrowseGallery1.items = Conn1

Exist in powerapps a similar possibility?

Thank you

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Yes you could imagine some kind of filters to click on that will save the name of a specific table in a variable . The gallery will then use the variable in its Items property. I think you will have to play with the Visible properties too to display some fields only if some specific data source is selected.

Another idea could be to create a collection storing all your different tables. So you gonna have one table including all the 3 others and maybe try to filter the gallery at that point

regards

I have saved the name of a specific table in a variable but i can't use a variable for refer the Table (i can use variable only for refer to value of field)

To create a collection storing all my different tables i think (in my case) is not possible.

but...THANK YOU ! for support

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Emerald64,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to display records in your three Tables within single one Gallery? Or View/Edit records in your three Tables within a single one Display form/Edit form?

Further, do your three Tables have same data structure?

If your three Tables have same data structure, I think single one Gallery/Display form/Edit form could achieve your needs within PowerApps.

If your three Tables have different data structure with each other, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hi, the three Tables have same data structure.

I would like using only one control for view Table1 or Table2 or Table3 , it is also the same for me view Table1+Table2+Table3 and next filter the Table desired.

Similar

I would like using only one control for edit Table1 or Table2 or Table3 , it is also the same for me edit Table1+Table2+Table3 and next filter the Table desired.

THANK YOU for Support !

Best regards

Roberto

Hi, I have partially resolve with a test on DataTable1.Items: Switch(v_Progetto;"Miulli";Attività_1;"Barilla";Attività)

But, the great ask is: is possible in powerapps create a connection object ?

Similar:

Set p_Conn1 new connection

p_Conn1 = https://gruppoprova.sharepoint.com/sites/pwa/Elenco1

BrowseGallery1.items = Conn1

Exist in powerapps a similar possibility?

Thank you

Hi @Emerald64,

Do you want to create a connection object within PowerApps?

If your three tables have same data structure, I agree with your thought almost, I think the Switch function could achieve your needs in PowerApps.

If you want to create a connection object within PowerApps, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you Kris, i have post This proposal: Connection object

best regards

Roberto

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,938)