cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlindstrom
Super User
Super User

Only seeing default environment

I am seeing the following issue from two different environments using different browsers:

my user has a license and also is a system admin in CDS environment.

However, from make.powerapps.com I can only see default environment, but for powerautomate I can see all environments. License and roles are right.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

we found a solution--have a user who can see that environment share a canvas app with the user who can't see the environment and have them run the app. after that they can see the environment in the environment selector in make.powerapps.com.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @jlindstrom 

I have noticed scenarios where Power Automate showcases the environments, but Power Apps does not.

Many times, it is a timing/caching related issue.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks,
Reza Dorrani, MVP
YouTube
Twitter

what did you do to fix the caching issue? user was added 3 days ago.

we found a solution--have a user who can see that environment share a canvas app with the user who can't see the environment and have them run the app. after that they can see the environment in the environment selector in make.powerapps.com.

View solution in original post

I am having a similar issue and I can't even see *Environment Admin* as a security role even though I created the environment and I am a global admin. I have given the user Environment maker and access to CDS but nothing... Unable to view the new environment from home.dynamics.com . Back to searching the forum!

GLaine-UK
Regular Visitor

I have been wrestling with this issue the entire day and was not able to use the proposed workaround.

And then, I found another workaround that doesn't involve someone sharing the app with you.

Step 1: Go to flow.microsoft.com

Step 2: In the top right corner of the screen, change the environment to your desired environment (ie the one you are unable to see in make.powerapps)

Step 3: On the left-hand side menu, first click on 'Data' and then on 'Entity'

Step 4: this takes you back to make.powerapps.com (because that is where anyathing CSD/Dataverse is being managed) and if you look at the environment, you will be in the correct environment.

CAVEAT: this doesn't stick: if you go back to make.powerapps later, you will only see the default environment

SOLUTION: bookmark the page when at the correct environment. This is a static URL, so you will be able to get back to your environment using that.

Apparently this is still the case.

Is this a bug on Microsoft's part. We have done all these steps but are not able to see the environment . Any help /guidance will be appreciated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,787)