cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Purrple
Frequent Visitor

Only show information in Data table if it is not on another list

Hello,

I am quite new to PowerApps so I am open to many suggestions on how this can be done.

I am creating a training recording app, where a user marks a training session "complete".

The 'Training List' is one list of all training, and once a user marks it as completed, a record is added to another SP List including their username ('Employee List').  I have used Patch function to add another record to the 'Employee List' when a user marks this as completed with the details of the training.

I would like users to be able to see their completed and uncompleted training. I was thinking that I'd just use a data table to show complete records from the 'Employee List', and a second table to list any titles that did NOT appear on 'Employee List', referencing the full training list. I would also like employees to only see this based on their User details (name).

Can anyone give me insight on how to do this, or another option of how users can see what has NOT been completed based on their log in?

Many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

HI @Purrple ,

To get a list of completed training the 'Employee List' data source can be used. The data in that will have to be filtered, based on the current user:

Filter('Employee List', Employee.Email = User().Email)

The above works under the assumption that the 'Employee List' has a column called 'Employee' of type Person/Group which has the name of the person that completed the training.

As for the overview of trainings that have not been completed, I'm assuming you want to compare the above generated list against the 'Training List' and show any items that are not in the 'Employee List' for the current user:

Filter('Training List', Not(Title in Filter('Employee List', Employee.Email = User().Email).TrainingID))

The above works under the assumptions:

- the 'Employee List' has a column called 'Employee' of type Person/Group which has the name of the person that completed the training

- the 'Training List' has a column called 'Title' of type Text that has the name of the training in it

- the 'Employee List' has a column called 'TrainingID' of type Text which refers to the Title column in the  'Training List' 

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

HI @Purrple ,

To get a list of completed training the 'Employee List' data source can be used. The data in that will have to be filtered, based on the current user:

Filter('Employee List', Employee.Email = User().Email)

The above works under the assumption that the 'Employee List' has a column called 'Employee' of type Person/Group which has the name of the person that completed the training.

As for the overview of trainings that have not been completed, I'm assuming you want to compare the above generated list against the 'Training List' and show any items that are not in the 'Employee List' for the current user:

Filter('Training List', Not(Title in Filter('Employee List', Employee.Email = User().Email).TrainingID))

The above works under the assumptions:

- the 'Employee List' has a column called 'Employee' of type Person/Group which has the name of the person that completed the training

- the 'Training List' has a column called 'Title' of type Text that has the name of the training in it

- the 'Employee List' has a column called 'TrainingID' of type Text which refers to the Title column in the  'Training List' 

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.
Purrple
Frequent Visitor

I could not figure this formula out for the life of me, so thank you very much! This worked perfectly!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,986)