Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sbonera
Advocate I
Advocate I

Onvisible for screen when using deeplinking

Hi all

Have a question, have implemented deeplinking by using param on app start and that works a treat appurl &DeepLink=Stage1&ID=164 for instance will load screen one with that record from SharePoint.

I have a control which is disabled on screen 1 (stage 1) and its display mode is edit when a variable is true.  I set that variable to true onvisible for the screen. 

When clicking on the gallery control on a home screen it loads the screen great and the control is editable because the onvisible was set.

My problem is when I use the deeplink which is coming from a flow, the control is disabled, which I guess would be control as the onvisible of the screen has not triggered because I didn't navigate to it.

Is there a way to use the deeplink and still set variable when view the url

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @sbonera ,

Just set the same variable at App OnStart when you conditionally navigate to the screen

If(
   !IsBlank(YourParamRef),
   Set(YourVariable);
   Navigate(YourScreen)
)

You will need to change it to a Global Variable if not already (best option) of pass it in the Navigation (a bit messy)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi @sbonera ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,731)