Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NewcombR Advocate II
Advocate II

Open D365 form to specific record from PowerApps

Hello,

I’m working on a canvas app. One of the requirements is this:

When viewing a record in the canvas app, the user needs the ability to click a button or icon and have Dynamics 365 open to the record’s form in a separate browser window.

This is to allow us to deploy a “light weight” app that allows users to quickly search and find information that they need at a glance, but if they want to be able to do more “heavy lifting” with respect to digging into the data or performing transactions, the user should use Dynamics (where there is already business rules, real time workflows, and other business logic in place ... particularly supporting data entry... that would be time consuming to replicate and maintain in the canvas app...)

Any ideas? I’m assuming it would require creating a dynamic URL that uses PA variables to ensure the correct environment, record GUID and form ID?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AllanDeCastro Advocate II
Advocate II

Re: Open D365 form to specific record from PowerApps

Hello,

Indeed, you will need the GUID! In fact, if you look at how a link for a specific record is formed, you can see that there are several parameters:

1. Model Driven App Guid
  2. The technical name of the entity
  3. The record identifier

https://org.crm.dynamics.com/main.aspx?appid=667f46ac-f797-e911-a97b-000d3a18bb57&pagetype=entityrecord&etn=incident&id=7e687e48-139c-e911-a97b-000d3a18bb57

You will therefore have to build this url in the right way (use of Var recommended) and insert a Launch ("URL") on the OnSelect of your button!

Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Advocate II

Hello,

Indeed, you will need the GUID! In fact, if you look at how a link for a specific record is formed, you can see that there are several parameters:

1. Model Driven App Guid
  2. The technical name of the entity
  3. The record identifier

https://org.crm.dynamics.com/main.aspx?appid=667f46ac-f797-e911-a97b-000d3a18bb57&pagetype=entityrecord&etn=incident&id=7e687e48-139c-e911-a97b-000d3a18bb57

You will therefore have to build this url in the right way (use of Var recommended) and insert a Launch ("URL") on the OnSelect of your button!

Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

NewcombR Advocate II
Advocate II

Thanks, AllanDeCastro! I will check it out.
Advocate II

You're welcome 🙂

Feel free to come back here or click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

NewcombR Advocate II
Advocate II

I tested it out and it worked like a charm.

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,096)