cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
colbyc
Helper III
Helper III

Open List item directly into Edit form/mode

When items are opened from my SharePoint list, I'd like the form to open directly into edit mode. Previously they were opening to the View Form, but now after some changes the Edit Form is the one that opens, but I am still required to click "Edit All" at top of the page before making changes. If I don't click the Edit All, I can't change any items. I'd like to be able to make changes directly after clicking the list item. Below is the current forumla I have in the SharePoint Integration "On Edit" and "On View" screens.

Set(SharepointFormMode,"EditForm")&EditForm(SharePointForm_Edit)&Navigate(FormScreen1_1,ScreenTransition.Fade)

Also, the DefaultMode is Edit. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@colbyc 

Please consider changing your Formula to the following:

Set(SharepointFormMode,"EditForm");
EditForm(SharePointForm_Edit);
Navigate(FormScreen1_1,ScreenTransition.Fade)

You are using the & which concatenates strings.  If you want multi line commands, separate with the semicolon.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@colbyc 

Please consider changing your Formula to the following:

Set(SharepointFormMode,"EditForm");
EditForm(SharePointForm_Edit);
Navigate(FormScreen1_1,ScreenTransition.Fade)

You are using the & which concatenates strings.  If you want multi line commands, separate with the semicolon.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

View solution in original post

That worked! Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

PA Community Call

Power Apps Community Call

Next call is happening on April 21st at 8a PST.

MBAS Carousel

May the fourth be with you, join us online!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (19,437)