Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Open Sharepoint Online item list in powerapp

Hi,

i'm trying to build an app that when you select a sharepoint item opens directly the powerapp with all the information i want to de shown.

any solution for this? try to avoid the gallery for better UX.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: Open Sharepoint Online item list in powerapp

Hi @AugustoEi 

The customised form from SharePoint does exactly that.

If you build a PowerApps however there has to be some way of selecting a record. A gallery is the easiest, but I guess there is nothing to stop you having a drop-down with the view/edit screen Item being a lookup in the data source matching this.

Please click and accept as Solution if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

i know, but the form has some rules, hidden fields and i misunderstand haw to do that in SP, how do you build that lookup function?

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @AugustoEi ,

Not a path I have followed, however there are many paths to succeed . . .

I will give you an example of how I would approach this:-

A Combo Box with Allow Searching turned on (it is by default) showing whatever key field you want to display.

I will call the data source MyData, the key Field RefField and the Combo Box SearchRef

So the Items for SearchRef (this can be text or a number) would be:-

Sort(MyData.RefField,Ascending)

There should be no delegation issues with this and as the user starts typing, matching items should start filtering.

The View/Edit screen (you can use one and just switch modes with a control) should have:-

DataSource - MyList

Item 

LookUp(MyList,RefField= SearchRef.Selected.RefField)

All should work  and on reflection, not a bad plan.

Please click and accept as Solution if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

It kinda works, in the powerapps page the combo box is visible but in sharepoint not, but what i'm looking is select an item in sharepoint and show the info directly.

But thanks for the answer!

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @AugustoEi ,

Getting back to you now due to time zone difference (Australia).

As you posted this on the PowerApps forum, I assumed the answer you were looking for was in PowerApps.

If you are looking for a SharePoint only solution, then it is not possible to select one record based on selecting a value from a list. You can of course filter, sort and group, calculate totals and there is a lookup column type that will display matching values from another list based on a field chosen a drop down.

Grouping (you can do two levels) with sorting is probably as close as you will get (you can “drill down” fairly quickly) and is something our users do all the time.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,920)