cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper V
Helper V

Open a PowerApps form via SharePoint list ID

When we open a PowerApps form it uses Dynamics 365. How can I use a link to open a specific SharePoint list ID?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @msmith,

I have a list called "ListList". I added a dropdown control, and set its Items property to

ListList.ID

The dropdown control shows empty value. So I think PowerApps cannot read the ID of the items from SharePoint list.

1.PNG

But once I change the Items property of the dropdown to:

ListList.Column1

The list shows the Column1 from the data source.

Insert a display form. Set the DataSource property of the form to ListList and the Item property of the form to this formula:

First(Filter(ListList, Column1=Dropdown1.Selected.Value))

This formula specifies that, after you finish configuring the form, it will show the record that the user selects in Dropdown1 control.

Please have a test.

For your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/add-form

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @msmith,

I have a list called "ListList". I added a dropdown control, and set its Items property to

ListList.ID

The dropdown control shows empty value. So I think PowerApps cannot read the ID of the items from SharePoint list.

1.PNG

But once I change the Items property of the dropdown to:

ListList.Column1

The list shows the Column1 from the data source.

Insert a display form. Set the DataSource property of the form to ListList and the Item property of the form to this formula:

First(Filter(ListList, Column1=Dropdown1.Selected.Value))

This formula specifies that, after you finish configuring the form, it will show the record that the user selects in Dropdown1 control.

Please have a test.

For your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/add-form

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hello @v-monli-msft

I am trying to achieve this with this formula

ID=Form1.LastSubmit.ID

I am using the last submitted ID of the form, but its not populating the data.

Can u confirm this??

Thank you for this! I did get it to work with ID, simply make sure ID field is in your form before trying.  I ended up with: First(Filter('Meeting Requests',ID=59)). After creating a variable for the ID number, I can open the app based on an ID variable in a query string: First(Filter('Meeting Requests',ID=varID))

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,624)