cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Open a PowerApps form via SharePoint list ID

When we open a PowerApps form it uses Dynamics 365. How can I use a link to open a specific SharePoint list ID?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I have a list called "ListList". I added a dropdown control, and set its Items property to

ListList.ID

The dropdown control shows empty value. So I think PowerApps cannot read the ID of the items from SharePoint list.

1.PNG

But once I change the Items property of the dropdown to:

ListList.Column1

The list shows the Column1 from the data source.

Insert a display form. Set the DataSource property of the form to ListList and the Item property of the form to this formula:

First(Filter(ListList, Column1=Dropdown1.Selected.Value))

This formula specifies that, after you finish configuring the form, it will show the record that the user selects in Dropdown1 control.

Please have a test.

For your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/add-form

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I have a list called "ListList". I added a dropdown control, and set its Items property to

ListList.ID

The dropdown control shows empty value. So I think PowerApps cannot read the ID of the items from SharePoint list.

1.PNG

But once I change the Items property of the dropdown to:

ListList.Column1

The list shows the Column1 from the data source.

Insert a display form. Set the DataSource property of the form to ListList and the Item property of the form to this formula:

First(Filter(ListList, Column1=Dropdown1.Selected.Value))

This formula specifies that, after you finish configuring the form, it will show the record that the user selects in Dropdown1 control.

Please have a test.

For your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/add-form

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hello @v-monli-msft

I am trying to achieve this with this formula

ID=Form1.LastSubmit.ID

I am using the last submitted ID of the form, but its not populating the data.

Can u confirm this??

Thank you for this! I did get it to work with ID, simply make sure ID field is in your form before trying.  I ended up with: First(Filter('Meeting Requests',ID=59)). After creating a variable for the ID number, I can open the app based on an ID variable in a query string: First(Filter('Meeting Requests',ID=varID))

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,246)