cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karimabdelrazek
Resolver I
Resolver I

Open screen in new window?

Is it possible to open a canvas app screen in a new window? I have some use cases where my user may need to alternate back and forth between two screens and would like to offer them that ability. If open in new window is not an option, any creative ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
UdayAdhikari
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @karimabdelrazek, try this. This will open app in a new tab. Replace the APP-ID* below with your app id found under Detail.

Launch("/providers/Microsoft.PowerApps/apps/APP-ID-OF-YOUR-APPLICATION")

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
krishnags
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

probably this can be achieved with the help of Launch functions and parameters 

you can refer https://mscrminfo.blogspot.com/2020/08/redirect-to-specific-screen-in-power.html too

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Gareth_C
Helper I
Helper I

You can acheive this by adding the function to your button
onSelect: Launch("URL OF THE CANVAS APP")

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up

Hi @krishnags. I followed the instructions in the link, but it doesn't achieve the required result. I am looking to open one of my app's screens in a new window. Would you happen to know the correct syntax in this case, for using the "Launch" function?

@Gareth_C . Thanks for your reply. Putting the app URL in the "Launch" function reopens the whole app in the new window and asks me if I want to override my existing session.

UdayAdhikari
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @karimabdelrazek, try this. This will open app in a new tab. Replace the APP-ID* below with your app id found under Detail.

Launch("/providers/Microsoft.PowerApps/apps/APP-ID-OF-YOUR-APPLICATION")

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up

apomark
Frequent Visitor

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,168)