cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newUseer
Frequent Visitor

Opened Barcode Scanner

Hi all,

I found an article about a barcodescanner that is used with the camera Media. You need to Set the camera property to BarcodeXX.  I tried to do this, but i failed. Does anyone know if this is still possible? The article is from 2016.

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
v-yutliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @newUseer ,

Could you show me where do you have error in details?

Usually, barcode scanner has the function of camera too.

We set the barcode scanner's OnScan property:

Set(scanValue,BarcodeScannerx.Value)

(for examplr: BarcodeScanner1.Value)

Then, variable scanValue represents the value that the scanner scans.

Here's a doc about how to use barcode scanner (relased in 2019) for your reference:

https://www.inogic.com/blog/2019/05/working-with-barcode-scanner-in-powerapps/

Please note that if you want to use web barcode scanner, you need to trun this on:923.PNG

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yutliu-msft ,

thanks for your reply so far. I didnt know that I need to change the settings that was a good hint.

To the scanner: I know how to use the BarcodeScanner Media. But for my App i would like to have the camera on my screen imidiatly without pressing the button for the scanner. If I try to set the camera property of the camera-media to anything with barcode+number, I get a black screen with "Your camera is not equipped or youre already using it". 

Thanks so far. Best regards.

Unbenannt.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,977)