cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dakridge
Advocate II
Advocate II

Opening A PowerApp As A Kiosk

Okay,  I have searched for hours now and maybe I don't know what to ask for.  I have built a pretty neat conference room booking system.  We have an Ipad on the wall outside the door of the room.  I need to be able to launch the powerapps and have it go straight to my app.  I remember in the old days with Access we could put the name of the program in the exe launch line.  I can't find any such solution.  I know I can launch from a URL, but how will I have it open in full screen without the browser header? 

David K Akridge
Chief Information Officer, Mobile County Public Schools
13 REPLIES 13

Hi, 

How do you get it to auto login to the app - O365 credentials of the app restarts?

Kind regards

Henry

KKIT5489745

Hello all,

I don't think I'm getting anywhere with this link? I want to run a Power App on my Windows 10 Kiosk device. Unfortunately, the user credentials are not stored in the app, so I have to re-enter them every time I log in. What can I do?

I have already described my problem here. Is it because the browser is running in "private mode"?

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/PowerApp-Autologin-in-Kiosk-Mode/m-p/1492300...

For the licensing of the Power App to work I need to log in with the Azure AD user?

Smilee279
Resolver I
Resolver I

@KKIT5489745 I'm having the same issue--let me know if you came across a solution.  We are trying to implement a virtual rounding solution that requires kiosk mode, and keeps prompting in O365 for credentials like you.

KKIT5489745

The feedback from Microsoft support was that this feature is not currently available.

We were already at a very high level here. Maybe it will be possible in one of the next versions.

However, binding statements cannot be obtained.

I find it very bad that Microsoft always promotes the Power platform and then it is not even possible to put this form (PowerApp) in a kiosk mode.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,173)