cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Opening attachment (PDF) on Sharepoint List from PowerApp application

I am creating a Sharepoint site to store PDF with important metadata. I cant connect with a SP Library, and with the List, I havent been able to access to the attached PDF from a PowerApp.

Would appreciate your help!

Regards, Chris

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Absolute (Chris),

Working with Attachments from SharePoint list currently is not supported under PowerApps, and this has been submitted as an idea:

Save attachments to SharePoint list item

Please vote it up if that also meet your requirements.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Frequent Visitor

Save, and also to able to open, and preview them would be awesome. Thank you
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys, 

I have a library with PDF documents; the documents have meta data columns which are a mixture of text, date/time, Yes/No (tickbox), choice, managed metadata and calculated columns. 

I've been able to connect to the library using the custom list workaround and access the metadata. I've also been able to add a pdf icon file and add a launch command to the 'OnSelect' action: Launch(ThisItem.'{Link}') which would allow a user to open the pdf file from directly within the app. 

Historically, when pressing the PDF icon, it would access the file and open it in a pdf viewer app on the mobile (typically OneDrive PDF viewer). 

Up until ~mid-November this was working fine. However now when I try the same action, I get a message stating that the file cannot be downloaded. If I access the file directly in the browser it works. Does anyone know why this might be happening? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (70,111)