cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hughrmarks Helper IV
Helper IV

Opening multiple windows in Powerapps

You know how when you connect to multiple monitors and you open PowerPoint, you have a "command module" where only you can see your notes and the slide that is up next but you are projecting to a different screen that others can see (like on a WebEx meeting)?  

I need that in PowerApps.   In a perfect world I would be able to display two or more PowerApp screens on external monitors while I am using the screen on my laptop.   Does anyone know if this is possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Opening multiple windows in Powerapps

Hi @hughrmarks,

This could be done using Visible property and the different login user account. For example, you could set the Visible property of a Lable control to:

If(User().Email="your email", true, false)

Note that about "your email" part, it should be match the "Account" information that is displayed in the PowerApps players and studio. And it is case sensitive.

Capture.PNG

After this, these controls will be visible only when the current user is you. Other user account cannot see them.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hughrmarks,

This could be done using Visible property and the different login user account. For example, you could set the Visible property of a Lable control to:

If(User().Email="your email", true, false)

Note that about "your email" part, it should be match the "Account" information that is displayed in the PowerApps players and studio. And it is case sensitive.

Capture.PNG

After this, these controls will be visible only when the current user is you. Other user account cannot see them.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

CalfordMath Advocate III
Advocate III

Hi @v-monli-msft , I have a similar need (want) as @hughrmarks  to have multiple screens open at once.  I don't believe your answer addressed this question.  Currently, the only way to view a new Screen seems to be to Navigate to it, and leave the screen you are currently on.  I'm not looking to keep information hidden from other users (as your email / visible solution would accomplish), I want to display something on a separate screen while editing information on a different screen.  Specifically, for a chess tournament, one screen would be to input game results for the current round, while the other screen would be to show current standings of the players in the tournament.  Since powerapps runs in a web browser, I guess this would mean the app would need to use a different tab or browser window altogether so I could drag it over to an extended screen.  My work-around plan is to create a separate app that connects to the same data source and have it refresh on a timer.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,471)