cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

Opening specific Power-App on mobile phone with shortcut directly from Homescreen (Android)

Hi Guys,

I have a problem using PowerApps on android phone (Nokia 7.2)

I added sa Power-Apps with a shortcut on my mobile phone homescreen. I did this in Power-Apps-App on my phone. On the menü "pin to homescreen".

But:

If i open these shortcut on my homescreen, it only starts my PowerApp-App menü with all my App listed and not the specific app itself.

This doesnt make sense for me

Is there a workaround to start a specific app directly from mobile homescreen?

thank you very much

5 REPLIES 5
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @franky0711 ,

As I know when you mark an App on mobile as favorite it will just add a tag as the favorite in the list of App on your phone. if you want to open the app, follow the below steps:

1. Open the PowerApps player on your mobile device.
  2. Tap the ellipses button next to the PowerApp you want to add to your home screen.
  3. Tap Pin to Home.
  4. Finally, just tap the icon for the PowerApp on your device's home screen to launch it.

https://toddbaginski.com/blog/how-to-create-shortcuts-to-powerapps-on-mobile-devices/

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Proud to be a Super User!

Regards,
KrishnaV
Business Applications MVP
Twitter | Linkedin | YouTube | GitHub
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

Hi and thank you,

I did this. 

I pinned to home see picture below.

When I open it, it opend PowerApps-App Overview and not the App itself ;-(1 83.png2 108.png

Hi @franky0711 ,

I see this as an Andriod phone, but I am not able to do reproduce this issue. Would you mind removing all the pinned items, redo it ( i mean repin the app) once and try again.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

Regards,
KrishnaV
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

I tried a few times.it is not working on Nokia 7.2 Android.

• I deleted PowerApps Cache, 
  • Restarted mobile phone
  • demarked as favorite
  • deleted shortcut (open powerapp from home screen)

Has anybody success on an andorid phone?

starting an power app directly from home screen?

thank you guys.

Hi @franky0711 ,

Hmm that is interesting, I suggest you to log a support ticket with MS Team with the below link:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Regards,
Krishna

Regards,
KrishnaV

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (33,892)