cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prasadvenkat
Helper I
Helper I

Optimize Image for Upload not working

I tried the Optimize Images for Upload setting. Finding that this is working fine in some devices, but has issues with others. It appears to be fine with IPhone X model. Tried two Android models and they were not compressing the image.

Is there a list as to what model phones this really works?

IPhone X : Image was compressed to 59,924 character length

LG ThinQ : Image was not compressed and was 370,091 character length

7 REPLIES 7
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @prasadvenkat ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to try the "Optimize Images for Upload" option within PowerApps Mobile App in your Mobile device?

Currently, there is no list/official doc mentioned about which model phones this "Optimize Images for Upload" option works on. Have you upgrade the PowerApps Mobile App to latest version, if not, please consider upgrade your PowerApps Mobile App to the latest version, then try it agian, check if the issue is solved.

Actually, the iOS device and the Android device have different compress mechanism. If you want to get further help in this issue, please consider submit an assisted support ticket through the following link:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Agree, Optimize image not working, not a single byte of photo's file size reduced.

CMOLINAV
Frequent Visitor

Since this week it has stopped working on android phones. Last week it worked perfectly. On IOS mobiles it still works.

I have opened a support ticket

PhilippM_Kiesel

It was working for us pretty well a few months now.....This week it stopped working without any obvious reason...

Same problem, I have an open support ticket with Microsoft.

NicoC
Frequent Visitor

Any luck with this issue? Have they been able to fix it yet?

CMOLINAV
Frequent Visitor

They are working on it

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,845)