cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Option For Creating App in Power BI

When I am trying to make Power App from Power BI data source I am not getting option for creating new App.
It only showing to choose from my previous Apps.
How can I create Apps from Power BI data source so I can filter my BI report.Screenshot (245).png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Option For Creating App in Power BI

Hi @vikash71,

So here you are using Power BI Desktop to work with the PowerApps custom Visual?

Currently it is not available for PowerApps custom visual to create new App from Power BI Desktop, you will need to use the PowerApps studio web version to create or edit the App built within PowerApps custom Visual, for the limits of PowerApps custom visual, please check limits part mentioned in the blog below:

Announcing availability of PowerApps custom visual for Power BI (Preview)

Quoted:

"

• You cannot create or modify apps when using the PowerApps custom visual in Power BI desktop, Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox. We recommend to publish your report to Power BI service and then use Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome to create new apps or make changes to apps.

"

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Option For Creating App in Power BI

Hi @vikash71,

So here you are using Power BI Desktop to work with the PowerApps custom Visual?

Currently it is not available for PowerApps custom visual to create new App from Power BI Desktop, you will need to use the PowerApps studio web version to create or edit the App built within PowerApps custom Visual, for the limits of PowerApps custom visual, please check limits part mentioned in the blog below:

Announcing availability of PowerApps custom visual for Power BI (Preview)

Quoted:

"

• You cannot create or modify apps when using the PowerApps custom visual in Power BI desktop, Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox. We recommend to publish your report to Power BI service and then use Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome to create new apps or make changes to apps.

"

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,199)