cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eraserhead
Level: Power Up

Option set and loookup fields not working

Hi all

I hava a simple power app with a few "simple text" fields. The app is just the form and a submit button. Press the button and the record is created as a lead in D365. 

I added a couple of new fields, lookup and options set in D365 and added them to the form. The fields "data type" is set as string so none of the options (or lookup) is showing when I try to add data to those fields. 

What would be the best practice to solve this?

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Option set and loookup fields not working

Hi @Eraserhead ,

Could you please share a bit more about the issue?

Do you mean the Option Set field and Lookup field acted as String type in your Edit form rather than "Complex" type?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Actually, it is not necessary to add D365 connection in your app, instead, you should add corresponding CDS Entity as data source into your app.

Note: The D365 Entity is based on CDS Entity, which is in same PowerApps Environment (D365 instance).

Please consider take a try to generate a new app based on the corresponding CDS Entity, then check if the issue is solved. In additon, please make sure you have refreshed the data source manually in your app after you add a couple of new fields to your Entity.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Eraserhead
Level: Power Up

Hi Kris Dai

This is how I set this up:

1. I went to data sources and searched for Dynamics365. I added that data source and chose "Leads" as the entity. 

2. I added a "edit form" and automatically got the lead entity fields. I also got the new 2 custom fields a had created. 

3. I then added a submit button. 

4. When I go to edit mode for this app both custom fields, the one with option set and the one with lookup work as basic text fields. I get no drop-down with options or lookup. 

I need both those fields to show the same information as in D365. 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Eraserhead ,

Have you taken a try with the solution I provided above? Using CDS Entity as data source instead of D365 Entity

Which PowerApps license do you have for your sign in account?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned.  Currently, within PowerApps, the Leads Entity is a Complex Entity, which contains complex server-side logic. If you want to access Complex Entity (from CDS or D365) in PowerApps app, you must own PowerApps Plan 2 or Microsoft Flow Plan 2 license at least.

Please refer to the following article for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/common-data-service/data-platform-complex-entities

Please make sure you have owned PowerApps Plan 2 license or Microsoft Flow Plan 2 license at least for your sign in account.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,637)