cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kathyboots
Frequent Visitor

Option to Save As and Replace Existing App No Longer Available

It appears that the new Power App menu no longer allows to Save As and replace an existing app. How can I go about doing this? It's a bit essential if we're developing a dev/test version and need to replace it with the production version of the app that's already circulated throughout the company.

Old - allows to choose and replace old apps:

Replace Power App.png

New - does not allow to replace old apps:

Replace Power App New.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
timl
Super User
Super User

@kathyboots 

Can you try clicking the variables menu item? That should hopefully open the old 'file' menu that enables you to select the old 'save as' menu item.

timl_0-1667323369913.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
timl
Super User
Super User

@kathyboots 

Can you try clicking the variables menu item? That should hopefully open the old 'file' menu that enables you to select the old 'save as' menu item.

timl_0-1667323369913.png

Thanks so much @timl - that was obscure and slipped my mind. Much appreciated for the life saver!

Thank you very much @timl 

This was exactly what I was looking for.

I hope they don't get rid of this. It's one thing to say "just create your app in another environment", however I don't have access to do that. And this is much easier than getting everyone in the business to update their links.

"Obscure" to say the least. Microsoft often does this hide-&-seek game with the options of their apps. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,303)