cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deivid
Resolver I
Resolver I

OptionSetValue value expected when trying to get a value by default

I need to leave one of the items in the Choice field selected by default (the user can change it if he wants to). I've already tried to get the first one or select a specific one, I've seen many articles/videos, but I couldn't solve it. The message it gives:

"Expected OptionSetValue value."

A Table:
RegimeTrib1.png

The field:
RegimeTrib3_Campo.png

The card:
RegimeTrib4_Card.png

The message (in pt-BR):
RegimeTrib5.png

2 REPLIES 2
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Deivid 

You are looking at the Default property of your Form DataCard...that is what supplies the value for the datacard.  It should be based on the underlying field, not a table of choices.

In general, you do not want to change the Default of the Datacard.

It should be ThisItem.yourFieldNameHere

It is within the DefaultSelectedItems property of the combobox that you want to introduce the logic for a default selection...and that should be based on if there is not already a selection so that you are not over running your existing record values.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

@RandyHayes, I'm doing some tests, but I still can't solve it:

Test1 - It contains the content, but it is not possible to change it to other options, it is only in 'Simples Nacional':

Teste1_.png

Test2 - Does not bring content by default:

Teste2_.png

Test3 - There will always be content in ThisItem.'Regime Tributário', in any case, only brings the 'Simples Nacional' since if there is content, it will do as in Test1:

Teste3.png

Test4 - No content and the message is: "This rule creates a circular reference between properties, which is not allowed. A property cannot reference itself or other properties affected by its value. This is the shortest circular reference : 'DataCardValue53'.'DefaultSelectedItems' -> 'DataCardValue53'.'DefaultSelectedItems'"

Teste4.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,546)